- All-new, all-hybrid, all-wheel-drive model
- All models feature the advanced, user-friendly Toyota Multimedia system and the Toyota Safety Sense 3.0 bundle of active safety technologies
- Now on sale and available in three grades with a starting MSRP of $45,590
TORONTO, Ontario (March 27th, 2023) – Toyota introduces an all-new, advanced automobile worthy of the most royal of names. The Toyota Crown features two powerful yet efficient self-charging hybrid electric powertrains, the all-weather confidence of an innovative electronic on-demand all-wheel-drive system, the connected services Canadians desire, and the advanced safety everyone needs.
“As more Canadians choose SUVs and crossovers, the Toyota Crown offers many drivers ample reasons to rediscover the driving fun, style, and comfort of a beautifully designed, well-engineered sedan,” said Cyril Dimitris, Vice President, Toyota Canada Inc. “We’re excited to share this all-new vehicle with Canadians.”
The Crown is crafted with an aerodynamic stance enhanced with striking elements designed to emphasize its dignified appearance. Large diameter alloy wheels ensure every Crown exudes a powerful curbside presence, while strong lines flow along the flanks to emphasize its sleek profile.
Inside, the Crown’s first-class cabin delivers exemplary comfort, defined by an attention to detail perfectly paired with its stylish exterior. Ample space and rich materials and finishes invite up to five adults to embrace a premium experience, while instrumentation and controls are thoughtfully placed to put everything within a quick glance or easy reach, without distraction.
A choice of two electrified powertrains delivers fast, powerful, smooth, and responsive performance plus impressive fuel efficiency.
- XLE and Limited models are built around the Toyota Hybrid System feature 2.5L four-cylinder engine, two electric motors, and an electronically controlled continuously variable transmission. The result is 236 system horsepower with an estimated fuel efficiency of 5.7L/100km (city/highway combined). These models feature on-demand AWD with a separate, rear-mounted electric motor to power the rear wheels when needed.
- Drivers who opt for the Platinum model with its HYBRID MAX powertrain will enjoy 340 system horsepower. This powertrain – features a 2.4L turbocharged engine, torque-heavy electric motors that contribute to an impressive 400 lb-ft of torque, and a direct shift six-speed automatic. The result is exhilarating performance and an estimated fuel efficiency of 7.8L/100km (city/highway combined). These models feature full-time electronic AWD with a rear eAxle featuring a high-output, water-cooled electric motor, plus Toyota’s Adaptive Variable Suspension system.
All models feature Toyota Multimedia – Toyota’s newest in-vehicle connectivity package – with a 12.3” touch screen, intuitive touch and voice activation controls, and connectivity with the Toyota App. Other standard technology features include a 12.3” multi-information display, the Toyota Smart Key System with Push Button Start, and the Qi wireless charging system for personal electronics.
As a Toyota, every Crown also features industry leading safety technologies – starting with Toyota Safety Sense 3.0. The newest edition of Toyota’s bundle of active safety technologies is designed to enhance driver awareness, decision-making, and control. All models also feature a backup camera, the Blind Spot Monitor System with Safe Exit Assist, and eight airbags.
Toyota Canada will offer the 2023 Crown in three distinct models, as follows:
The 2023 Toyota Crown XLE introduces Canadians to the Toyota premium hybrid sedan experience – featuring the Toyota Hybrid System, 19” alloy wheels, Toyota Multimedia with Service Connect, Safety Connect, and Remote Connect, heated front seats, fabric upholstery, auto-dimming rear view mirror, and an integrated garage door opener.
The 2023 Toyota Crown Limited enhances the XLE trim level, adding an 11-speaker JBL Premium Audio system, leather upholstery, heated and ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, a heated and leather-wrapped steering wheel, a panoramic moon roof, multi-beam LED headlamps, illuminated entry lights, a four-door smart key system, rain sensing wipers, a parking support brake, and colour-coded side rocker molding.
The 2023 Toyota Crown Platinum upgrades the powertrain to the exclusive HYBRID MAX system, the rear eAxle system, and Toyota’s Adaptive Variable Suspension system. It then builds on the Limited grade, adding 21” alloy wheels, Toyota Multimedia with Service Connect, Safety Connect, Remote Connect, and Drive Connect, the advanced park system, the panoramic view monitor, digital key, and dual exhaust tips.
2023 Toyota Crown pricing
|Model||Starting MSRP||Estimated Vehicle Price*|
*NOTE: Vehicle Price includes MSRP/Freight PDI/AC charge/maximum Dealer fees/maximum other fees and charges, and excludes taxes, license, insurance and registration.
The 2023 Toyota Crown is now on sale at Toyota Dealers across Canada. For complete and up to date details and specifications, visit www.toyota.ca/crown
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sold over six million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 287 Toyota and Lexus dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability to the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax, and parts distribution centres in Clarington and Vancouver. Toyota also operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than nine million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid, as well as Lexus NX 250, NX 350 and NX 350h hybrid. The company has sold more than 20 million electrified vehicles worldwide and is the number one seller of electrified vehicles in Canada.