Toyota and Lexus were the big winners in today’s J.D. Power 2022 Canada ALG Residual Value Awards announcement, taking home the awards for top Mass Market Brand (Toyota) and top Luxury Brand (Lexus). Toyota won the Mass Market Brand category for the third year in a row and Lexus was the Luxury Brand winner for the second year in a row. In total, Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) was recognized with 12 awards.
The J.D. Power Canada ALG Residual Value Awards recognize vehicles from the 2022 model year that are forecast to retain the highest percentage of their manufacturer suggested retail price (MSRP) over the next four years for mass market vehicles and three years for luxury vehicles.
“We’re proud to receive these awards from ALG as they recognize that consumers are getting the best possible value when purchasing a new vehicle from Toyota or Lexus,” said Cyril Dimitris, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Toyota Canada Inc. “Quality, dependability and reliability are built into every model, so Canadians enjoy peace of mind when they purchase a Toyota or Lexus vehicle.”
In addition to receiving the overall award for top Mainstream Brand for the third consecutive year, Toyota also won seven segment awards:
- Midsize Pickup: Toyota Tacoma (4th consecutive year)
- Fullsize Pickup: Toyota Tundra (4th consecutive year)
- Off-Road Utility: Toyota 4Runner (3rd consecutive year)
- Midsize Utility 3rd row seating: Toyota Highlander (3rd consecutive year)
- Compact Utility: Toyota RAV4 (3rd consecutive year)
- Minivan: Toyota Sienna
- Midsize: Toyota Camry
In addition to the overall award for top Luxury Brand (2nd consecutive year), Lexus also won the following segment awards:
- Premium Subcompact Utility: Lexus UX (3rd consecutive year)
- Premium Midsize Utility 3rd row seating: Lexus GX (2nd consecutive year)
- Premium Midsize: Lexus IS (2nd consecutive year)